Here, There, and Everywhere

by Jenn on December 31, 2011

I’m wrapping up the year with a prompt from Reverb10. Recycling is good, right?

5 Minutes. Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 2011 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010 2011. (Author: Patti Digh)

I want to remember traveling. I want to remember the excitement of the #NintendoEnthused trips to New York and Seattle, the BBQ and music in Austin, the hopefulness of Maine, and the spontaneous trip to Portland.

I want to remember exploring Los Angeles with friends. I want to remember Jess’ visit and all the food, laughs, and sweat. Getting soaked at Disneyland with Pham, Ashley, and Nico. Visiting the Museum of Death with my mom and Cemetery Screenings with Jess, Jesse, and Brandy. Delicious dinners and conversations over brunch with Alex, Amanda, Staci, and Cata.

I want to remember crossing things off of my life list, including riding a motorcycle, volunteering at an animal shelter, and getting my passport.

{via}

I want to remember the way I felt when I went back for a kiss and when I told him I loved him. I want to remember unplugging and spending the night under the stars with our campfire. The toasts, tattoos, hours lost to Skyrim, and Christmas surprises.

I want to remember picking up old hobbies, making changes, and exploring new opportunities. The support from family and friends when I announced my return to Chicago. Driving across the country with my mom and collecting postcards.

That might be too much to squeeze into five minutes, but I don’t see how I could cut anything out.

What about you? If you only had 5 minutes left to reminisce, where would your mind go?

{ 11 comments… read them below or add one }

Vanessa January 1, 2012 at 2:52 pm

It sounds like you had a jam packed year! If I had five minutes, I would remember all the change, chances I took and the lessons learned. I think 2012 will still be a year of change, but hopefully with an upward trajectory.

Jenn January 3, 2012 at 10:00 am

Here’s to more change, more chances, and a few more life lessons in 2012! Hope to see you during my next visit to Seattle.

phampants January 1, 2012 at 9:02 pm

2012 is going to be fantastic! I mean, you are down the road. =D

Jenn January 3, 2012 at 9:58 am

Hey neighbor! So happy to be back and close to P & B :) Here’s to a memorable 2012!

staci January 2, 2012 at 6:47 pm

i always feel so reflective around new years too. i luv being a part of your life and celebrate ur happiness!! sorry we missd each other this visit. let make sure to connect next visit, ur super important to me. xo

Jenn January 3, 2012 at 9:57 am

Sorry we missed each other while you were in Chicago! I’m so happy we reconnected while I was in LA. Missing you mucho!

allison January 2, 2012 at 7:56 pm

I love the wrap up and I crossed off BlogHer off my list!

Jenn January 3, 2012 at 9:57 am

It was fantastic meeting you at BlogHer! I’m happy you were able to cross that off of your to-do list. Perhaps I’ll see you in New York later this summer?

katelin January 3, 2012 at 6:17 pm

eeee such a great year for you! i can’t believe it’s been almost a year since new york, seriously that was such a great trip, i felt like we were celebrities, haha.

hope you have a fabulous 2012!

Jessica January 3, 2012 at 6:42 pm

What a busy, exciting year! I’m so glad you’re back in Chicago and very fondly remember my visit to LA, such an amazing great weekend.

terra January 3, 2012 at 7:31 pm

What a fun year for you! So many very big things happening. Cheers to the new year!