- Deciding to create a budget. And then every step that follows that decision.
- The cat(s) puking five minutes after I get into bed. Or waking up in the middle of the night to the sound of a cat puking.
- Hearing my neighbor sneezing/sexing/coughing.
- When someone rings my doorbell instead of my neighbor’s. Three times. At 2:30am. (This happens way more than it should.)
- Bethesda pushing back the release date for the PS3 Skyrim DLC. It’s not like we haven’t been waiting months upon months already — what’s another seven days? Side note: the manfriend assured me the TV is mine that week. Goodbye productivity/Internet/school.
- Second-guessing answers on a math quiz.
- Car woes. It seems my 10-year-old Neon is on its last legs. Last week I was leaking transmission fluid (and feelings) all over this city, which led to my radiator being replaced. Now my brakes are on strike. It’s like my car prefers money over gas. I’m thinking about sliding $200 into the gas tank.
- Anymore than 20 emails in my inbox. I’m extremely particular about the state of my main inbox, and more than 10 really gets my anxiety going. If it’s at 20+ unreads, I’ll get hives.
- Interruptions to my routine. I’m beginning to think that I don’t adapt to change very well. Working from a coffee shop yesterday because our power was out threw off my entire day.
- People who call me to tell me to stop calling them. What? Last week I received a call from a number I didn’t recognize, so I let it go to voicemail. That person continued to call until I picked up. When I did, this lady (who I don’t know) told me to stop calling her. Apparently I kept calling her over and over — I think my call log will show otherwise. After hanging up, she called two more times. Super strange.
Things That Make a Good Day Go Bad
Oh the dreaded neighbor noises. When we lived in an apartment, some of our close friends lived next door and it was unfortunate. We didn't know the fighting or the sex noises were there's for a long time, thinking instead they belonged to our upstairs neighbor. But then we mentioned it to them, poking fun at those crazy upstairs neighbors, and then they got all quiet and we all BACK PEDAL! BACK PEDAL!! It was, to say the least, very, very awkward.
Ouch, that sounds like not a good day(s) at all. Everything on that list is super annoying. Sorry friend. SQUEEZE
That's super random about the lady with the phone calls issue. Also budgets....yeah I know that feeling acutely today.
I have to say that although it seems that you've had a few rough days, your blog post started my day with many belly laughs and left me with a big smile. I think my two favorite are:
"It’s like my car prefers money over gas. I’m thinking about sliding $200 into the gas tank."
"Deciding to create a budget. And then every step that follows that decision."
I hope you have a better day!
BrittanyandTahn One of my main goals in life is to make others laugh... even if I'm having a bad day. So yay! Fortunately, today is much better than yesterday. I hope you're having a good week!